MALL OF AMERICA® - PHASE II
(OVER 10 MILLION SQUARE FEET COMBINED WITH PHASE 1)
- Mall of America® is planned for an additional 5.6 million square feet of mixed-use
space north of the existing Mall, in addition to the parking lot on the south side.
- Complementing Mall of America, Phase II is designed like a lifestyle center under
glass with upscale retail, hotel and entertainment options while incorporating natural
elements that reflect the region, such as greenery, waterfalls and natural rock
- Plans include an NHL-sized arena for public skating as well as private practice.
- Expansion plans consist of a four-level complex similar to the existing Mall that
will connect to the Mall on all four levels.
- Phase II is expected to attract additional upscale customers with an estimated annual
household income of more than $100,000 as well as families with older children.
- Phase II anticipates drawing an additional 20 million visitors annually – nearly
40 percent from outside 150 miles – almost doubling the state economic impact to
an estimated $4.3 billion.
- Expansion plans include several themed, luxury/boutique and Five-Star hotels.
TripleFive Group of Companies, © 2015. All Rights Reserved.